Monday, January 25, 2010

Say Something Baby!

Today I want to talk about self esteem and naturally kinky or curly hair. I want to talk about what it makes us feel like and why what others think about our hair shouldn’t matter. Let me say this, I like to be cute ALL the time. When I wake up and my naturally curly hair is all smashed into my head, Cute. When I get out of the shower and I haven’t even styled it yet, Cute. Finally, when I am all dressed up in my go get em’ jeans and my makeup is fabulous (as my lil sis would say), Cute. This cute is about how you look, but it’s more about how you feel about you from the inside out. All through the day your hair should speak to your spirit, good things, it should SAY SOMETHING BABY! No matter what your hair is saying at any given point in your day, embrace it, own it, rock it, and love it. Be cute for yourself everyday and your self esteem will speak volumes to your boss, your coworkers, your mama, and your man (or the one you are trying to get). Whether every curl is perfectly coiled or you are fighting the frizzy afro of life, remember to love your naturally kinky or curly hair, but most importantly, to live, to love, and to be free naturally.

1 comment:

  1. im gona need u to say something sissy!! girl u are so right..so many times i've witnessed this....if you aint got no edged stop getting that quick weave..not gonna lie when i had a weave i thought i was cute but now thanks to my sister and that fabulous perm!! im free..i dunno about that natural part though :)

    ReplyDelete