Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Free From The Hair That Binds

At the start of a new year, we always make those promises to ourselves to do things we have never done, or to complete tasks we have all started before. Well I say free yourself! Transition that hair all the way this time, let go of anything prohibiting you from being naturally you. You are not your beautiful hair, instead you are naturally beautiful. Let go of those straggly ends hanging on for that final chop. Set yourself free by embracing every kinky curly strand. Trust me you will feel better and be better because of it.


If you have been struggling with the how to of transitioning to natural hair, let me say this, "Condition, condition, condition!" This will be essential in your success of having healthy hair throughout the transition. However, if you are already naturally kinky or curly, it will make the difference in your curls being shiny and silky as opposed to dry and brittle. Shiny, silky curls grow long and luscious. Dry, brittle curls break and you will never see the benefits of being natural. This month treat yourself to a steam treatment using Miss Jessies Rapid Recovery Treatment or Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner. Remember to be patient, but most important to live, to love, and be free naturally.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being an excellent hair stylist! Thank you for the knowledge that you impart! : ) I agree, steam treatments are a vital part of maintaining healthy naturally hair! I am due for mine! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those who are thinking about transitioning to natural hair, my suggestion to you would be to Just Do It and Don't Look Back, I did! I've been natural almost a year 1/2 and I don't regret my decision at all. I Must admit my hair loves being natural and has grown really fast! There's several reasons I like my natural but I'll just name a few: 1)I don't have to get up earlier to curl my hair before work anymore,(don't miss that) 2)because I workout 3-4 times a week it's convient. I remember when I use to get my hair done on Fri I couldn't workout for a least 4 days to get my money worth! LOL (I know many of u can relate to that) and last I like the exotic look I have when I wear my afro! :-) Although, I still a big problem with the dry texture of my hair I beginning to find what works for me, ie Miss Jessie's and I guess I need to get the steam treatment more regularly myself!

    ReplyDelete