Sunday, January 31, 2010

OOOH MIK YOU DA BESTEST!

Today I want to take just a minute to talk about the client-stylist relationship and the impact that it has on the success of your naturally kinky, curly or wavy hair. In one of my previous blogs, “Do You Really Have Money To Blow? ”, I talked about the importance of consulting your stylist about your hair goals and what products to use on your naturally kinky, curly or wavy hair. Although the latter is extremely important, it is also important that you feel good about your naturally kinky, curly, or wavy hair on your way to the salon, while you are in the chair and when you leave. Your stylist should ultimately know you well enough to know your swagger, what is acceptable at your workplace, and what you may be doing that weekend in case they need to fine tune your cuteness. If your stylist loves what they do as I do, this relationship will be established, nurtured and maintained at the highest level, leaving you feeling like they have been doing your hair for a lifetime.

Now as for me and my clients, I love em’. Every last one of them is special to me, whether it is the first time I am doing your hair or whether we go all the way back to the house. Whether I transitioned you from relaxed to natural and back again (you know who you are) or we’ve loved and nurtured every kinky or curly strand together from sandy brown comb-coils to a funky 33 Finger Chunk (est.1976) highlighted honey glazed-copper mohawk with flexi rods. I just LOVE IT! (Sorry, just got good to me for a minute) When my clients leave my chair, I want each one of them to feel like, OOOH MIK YOU DA BESTEST and that I just made your hair rock! I may not be the best stylist for everyone everywhere, but I am for my clients and I always strive to give them my best me. They love me and I love them (my relaxer babies the same). Remember to always use your gifts because they were chosen just for you, but most importantly, to live, to love and to be free naturally.

1 comment: