Sunday, February 7, 2010

Teach Them How To Love...

Today I want to talk about my babies, my little people as I like to call them. My little people are special to me because their moms and some dads entrust their naturally kinky, curly or wavy hair to me as young as two years old. They want the best for their girls and they know that I do too. It is very important at a very young age, to instill in our girls that they are beautiful from the inside out and they are not their hair. We need to feed them positivity and high self-esteem by heaping spoonfuls, because they are going to get plenty of opportunities to taste test samples of negativity as they grow up, from the playground to the college campus. We need to love on them relentlessly without measure and teach them to love their naturally kinky, curly, or wavy hair, and that they are extraordinarily unique.


We must begin by taking the word NAPPY and the phrase GOOD HAIR out of our vocabulary, and replace them with TANGLED and just HAIR. I hear so many of my moms tell my little people this, simply because they were also told this. They were told they didn’t have good hair and that their kinks were naps and that their curls were knots. Today, however, I’m telling you differently and empowering you with the tools you need to revolutionize history for your girls. You are beautiful and wonderfully made, crafted in the image of perfection and so are your girls. I challenge you to teach your girls to love their naturally kinky, curly or wavy hair, to free them from the hair that still binds you, and to say something positive to your babies about their naturally kinky, curly or wavy hair every day. Remember that knowledge is the power that stimulates the root of miraculous change, but most importantly, to live, to love and to be free naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment